The One With The Resturant Politics

Oh, the joys of serving has just returned! I love SERVING!! Today was my first day back in the act of serving! And boy and boy, have I ever missed it! I really enjoy serving and I would like to think that I'm an alright server! After 3 days of long drawn-out book training, I finally got my shot at the tables! It's very different serving in the Olive Garden than serving at the Hut. Let's decifer the differences here between the two.

Positives and Negatives of the OG
+ You can only have three tables at a time, allowing your cutsomers the attention they need.
+ The tips are way better because the service is top-notch
+ Managers assign the sections
- You have to tip out
- You do not have an ending time on your schedule
- Don't really know anyone, but I guess that will come...

Positives and Negatives of the Hut
+ I know EVERYONE
+ You don't have to tip out
+ You can leave when your shift is over
- You can be stuck with 20 tables and no one cares
- The tips aren't the greatest
- I had to assign all the sections and everyone fought over them all the time

So, the joys and frustrations of serving have returned, but don't get me wrong...I love it! Serving is defintely something that you either live for or hate. My advise, don't get into it if you can't take people yelling at you for others mistakes!

No comments:

The One With My Facebook

Alissa Jongsma's Facebook profile