The One With The Calgary Flames

!!!!GO FLAMES GO!!!!
Yeah, It's true. Until the arrival of Ryan Smyth #94 back in Edmonton (WHERE HE BELONGS...) I will be a Calgary Flames Fan. I know, it's unbelievable but let's be honest here...without the help of #94 (AKA: The Heart and Soul), we are doomed. I will return to my post as an avide Edmonton Oilers Fan the day Ryan Smyth returns, whether as a part of the team or on the rafters. I regret my desicion to those who are Anti-Calgary fans, but this is what it has comes too. Feel free to comment on the Ryan Smyth deal...or just pay your respects to the Edmonton Oilers dream of a Playoff Spot.

!!!!RYAN SMYTH, AN OILER FOREVER!!!!
"The Islanders have given me that opportunity . . . and I'm going to go there and do my best to make the playoffs and win that Cup, so I can bring it to Edmonton - because that's where my heart is." ~ Ryan Smyth, #94

5 comments:

Laura said...

At least you're staying in Alberta. If you became a Canucks fan, then I'd be a little worried :)
It was pretty painful to watch the game last night...0-5. I think the Oiler's are finally realizing the stupid mistake they made...
Ryan will be back, as soon as he's a free agent.

Anonymous said...

i hate to say it... but i don't think he will be back...

i was thinking about this current situation, and as we were in edmonton, kelvin and i were reading A LOT (please note that i'm not a huge "sport-type person")of articles about "the heart and soul" of the team. it is my belief that he's probably really offended by the fact that they decided not to pay him the amount that he wanted... (which of course i thought he was just being selfish, but what do i know)... and would, come july, rather play for a team that will give him a higher price. again, i hate to say it... but i don't see him coming back...

on the flip side, if i'm wrong, you all have my promission to say "i told you so" if i'm wrong... lol

Anonymous said...

PLEASE A NOTE:

an "i told you so" is not the same as laughing at me... so only an "i told you so" is permitted... if i'm wrong... which i don't think i will be... :)

Pauline McKone said...

Out of all the teams to cheer for you choose Calgary? How can you even consider yourself an Oilers fan?? That's like the sin of all sins...

Unknown said...

Seriously, the world as we know it is over. Hockey in Edmonton will never be the same. This equated to the day they traded Wayne. Seriously, I don't konw what they were thinking. And I am with allison... I think you will be a calgary fan forever. He went somewhere that wanted him and appreciates him. BUT... also like allison, if I am wrong, you can "told ya so."

The One With My Facebook

Alissa Jongsma's Facebook profile