The One With The Tribute To Moms

Well, this is day two of my blog and I can't believe how many people posted comments on my blog ALREADY! I love you all! It's so awesome to come online and see that people have commented on your blog! It can almost be compared to getting a page-long e-mail from a friend you haven't talked to years. The blogging world is AWESOME!

So, today was full of wedding plans, not mine but Steph and Adam's! Stephanie and I have been talking wedding NON-STOP! It's so awesome to get to be involved and help with the planning. We are in the process of searching for a a place to have the wedding and also a photographer. OH MY! Stephanie found this guy that she wants to be her photographer and he is AMAZING! Man, his portfolio is so sweet and he does such crazy photo-manipulation it's UNREAL, but so sweet. I didn't know how much you can do with digital pictures, it's going to be wicked! Here's a link to his website! Check out his pictures, http://www.harmsphoto.com/index.html I told her about this wedding invitation I saw once with those black and white pictures you take in the photo-booths. They were so simple and so original. If any of you have avid readers have wedding ideas feel free to pass them on. It's pretty crazy how much really has to be done. I still can't believe my brother is getting married! I mean, that's forEVER...no looking back! So final, but so sweet.

Lately some things I've been learning is just to be content with where I'm at. I had the weirdest experience the other day that really hit me to appreciate where I am at in life. I was walking through the mall with Holly and holding Katelyn when Holly needs to use the facilities. So, being the greatest fake-auntie I can be, I tell her I will watch Katelyn. So I'm sitting there, playing with the cutest child EVER, and it hits me. What a job it is to be a parent! I mean, sure I can watch Katelyn for five minutes, maybe even for a few hours, but when she starts to cry (which never happens when I hold her because I'm her favorite fake-auntie) I can just hand her back to Holly and PRESTO - my job is done. Think about this. When you’re a mom, you don't get to hand the baby to anyone, you are the one that had to deal with the crying baby. Sure, you have that special touch because you are the babies mom, but still it's got to be tough sometimes. I mean, it's something that you have to full devote yourself to. I just have been thinking about this a lot lately and I've realized that being a mom isn't the easiest job nor is it always fun to have to put your life on hold the second the baby cries or wets itself. Being a mom is such an honorable job that I just wanted to bring attention to those who are moms and just to remind those of us who aren't moms to encourage those who are.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

a few words... i never think about that... i love that ryder gives me those big eyes and that i get to help him feel better. it's such an eye opener to realize how much you love your child and how willing you are to throw things aside to be with them... then you realize that God loves this child even more than you do! everytime i think about that, it just makes me want to cry... it's way more than just an honour to be a mother... on a completely different subject... kelvin and i used those black and white photo booth pictures on our invitations... i loved the idea... we just went and spent 20 bucks... and we had a blast!

Holm's said...

hello Alissa,
It's funny that you say that it can be hard to be a mom. It seems single people that don't have babies don't understand! So thank you.
I'm excited you started blogging! Have a great night.
Love Linds

{ as we know it } said...

Hey Alissa! I've been trying to talk to you on MSN lately...but i keep getting your dad...not sure how that's happening...but just a little awkward! ;) Anyhow...good to hear what's going on with you...later!

Holly said...

Another comment, oh man! That pic of Katelyn looks like it got squished or something, kinda funny but still the cutest thing ever. I'm gonna take pictures of swimming lessons next week with Celia and Oakley, yipee! It's so fun. Oh and yea the cookies are gone, two days, wow we're healthy!

free art is good art said...

hey dude, it's riley =D
we have a baby. check out his blog!

The One With My Facebook

Alissa Jongsma's Facebook profile